Thursday, November 11, 2010

Up at 5:30 AM to run on my treadmill.  3 miles, and every single mile was a struggle.  That is the last time I will run hard until the triathlon.  My body is tired and I can tell I am very close to overtraining.  I know the rest next week will do me good.  Two more workout days and then I'll take it easy next week until the tri.

My intentions were to do a full P90 chest and back workout but after I cranked out 20 pushups and 16 pull ups I knew I wasn't going there.  Running on fumes is not the way to do it.  I settled for ab ripper X and got halfway through it!  I felt like a weenie!

I have taken it pretty hard and long these past three weeks.  I haven't worked out this hard in probably three years.  And even then, it wasn't at this intensity level.  Running, biking, swimming, as well as P90X, that is the whole entire package and MORE!!!

So tomorrow I will swim again and do my drills.  Saturday is spin class, legs, and possibly a little swim. 

Sunday is rest.  One day early next week I hope to run 15, swim 15, and bike 15.  I may lift one day, but I will not go heavy.

Hopefully I will be rested and ready by Saturday, November 20 - the last day I will be 45 - for my very first triathlon!!! (Let's hope it's not the last!)

No comments:

Post a Comment